Why don't you play the game?!

Saturday, November 04, 2006

New wave geekdom

Before you ask - the title of this blog is taken from a song by Daft Punk called "Digital love".

I play a lot of games and am in love with a lot of digital stuff. PC hardware for example. And some great games. Before you start stereotyping and stuff, I should add that I'm also in love with my girlfriend :)

Yes, in addition to my computer, I can also manage to maintain my significant other. This is the new wave of geeks, you know. We have girlfriends. We have a social life. We love gaming. We go nuts about hardware. We are able to convey our thoughts verbally without stammering like a broken record on ecstasy. There is a good probability that you could not visually recognize us in the street. We are the guerillas of geekdom, infiltrating the mainstream.

We get our mothers playing harmless PC games such as The Sims.
We get our sisters watching anime and obscure Japanese TV-series.
We get our fathers playing arcade games from the past decade.
We get our girlfriends installing Windows and hard drives.


You think this is extreme?! Then get this:



We get our GRANDMOTHERS watching the demo runs of the latest editions of 3DMark to appreciate the beauty of computer animation.


Trust me, once you hit that last one, YOU are truly the elite of the new wave geekdom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home